Grilled Asparagus with Burrata and Gremolata
- 8-10 spears of asparagus, rough ends removed, grilled fresh
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to season
- 2-3 tsp olive oil & balsamic vinegar, enough to lightly coat the asparagus
- 1 (4 oz) ball fresh burrata cheese
- 1-1/2 tbsp olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tsp)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely minced
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, finely minced
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lemon zest, parsley, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Grill the asparagus, drizzle on the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Roll the spears in the oil and vinegar mixture until evenly coated
- Arrange the spears on a plate with the burrata, and drizzle with the gremolata sauce. Serve immediately.
- Accompany with prosciutto
Grilled Garlic & Herb Shrimp
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 pounds large shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Whisk the paprika, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, basil, and brown sugar together in a bowl until thoroughly blended. Stir in the shrimp, and toss to evenly coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning once.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, drain excess, and discard marinade.
- Place shrimp on preheated grill and cook, turning once, until opaque in the center, 5 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately on a bed of fresh bibb lettuce
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Arrange half of strawberries in baked pastry shell. Mash remaining berries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture. Reduce heat and simmer mixture until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over berries in pastry shell. Chill for several hours before serving.
Greek Mezze Platter
- Feta (cubed)
- Fresh radishes
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Hummus (Ottolenghi recipe) https://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/basic-hummus-shop
- peppers with stuff cheese
- bread sticks
- Artfully display
- Provide small plates
- Dinner party first course
- Before fish or lamb