Original title : Take-Out
Although the pandemic has forced us to limit our outings, this does not mean we have to forgo the fine food of our favourite restaurants. In fact, many eateries are now offering catering-style menus to provide diners with a unique culinary experience from the comfort of home. Here are a few good bets.
Reheat, assemble, and enjoy: it’s as simple as that! The variety of ready-to-cook meals from Les Enfants Terribles includes house classics like braised beef cheek shepherd’s pie with truffle oil, mac & cheese gratin with bacon, chorizo mini pogos, and an appetizing array of soups, salads, sorbets, and desserts. Themed meal boxes are also available for special occasions like Mother’s Day/Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, and the holidays. Remember, you can always add a bottle (or two!) of wine to your order.
Les enfants terribles
• Orders must be placed Wednesdays before 7 p.m. Deliveries are made Fridays, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., in Greater Montréal, while pickup is available at the Nun’s Island, Laval, and Outremont locations.
In addition to the prepared foods and numerous local products available at the Beau Mont grocery counter, you can now order your favourite dishes from the Signé Toqué! group of restaurants (Toqué!, Brasserie T!, Beau Mont, and Burger T!) to enjoy at home, thanks to the new take-out menu, which will change to reflect what is available from various Quebec producers.
Beaumont, signé Toqué
Whether you opt for simplicity or refinement, quality is always central to the artisanal dining experience offered by the group.
• Orders must be placed by phone (438) 408 9791, Wednesdays to Sundays as of 2 p.m., with pick-up between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. the same evening, at restaurant Beau Mont, 950 avenue Beaumont, suite 105, Montréal. Delivery is available in neighbouring areas.
Le Club Chasse et Pêche, Le Filet, and Le Serpent have combined forces to offer Montrealers a brandnew concept of ready-to-cook meals. Named Trifecta, the project delivers a high-end culinary experience at home, with minimal effort. The menu features the greatest hits of chefs Olivier Larocque, Yasu Okazaki, and Michele Mercuri, with all the ingredients precooked, portioned, and vacuum packed. The only thing you have to do is assemble the various elements and reheat, as needed. Use the appetizers, mains, fresh pasta, and gourmet desserts on offer to create a feast worthy of the finest restaurants, to the delight of your taste buds!
• Orders must be placed before noon on Thursdays for pickup on Fridays, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., at Le Filet, 219, avenue du Mont-Royal Ouest, Montréal.
Les Weekendeurs concept is a perfect example of strength in numbers. This new delivery service of ready-to-cook food offers delicacies from some of the best local restaurants and producers, including Les Street Monkeys, Bistro Tendresse, Moleskine, Mauvais Garçons, Sumac, and Restaurant Wellington. In short, the expertise of our Montréal chefs packed in a single box, delivered right to your door! You can either build your own box of ready-made meals along with some items from the pantry (sauces, spices, spreads, coffee), or try one of the discovery boxes.
• Order Mondays before 5 p.m. for delivery on Thursday, Tuesdays by 5 p.m. for delivery on Friday, and Wednesdays by 5 p.m. for delivery on Saturday. The delivery zone covers the islands of Montréal and Laval, as well as parts of the North and South Shore.
Treat yourself to an Italian feast of items from the fine grocery section of the legendary Café Gentile, including fresh pasta, olive oils, homemade sauces, and coffee. This Montréal institution also offers a comprehensive catering service (appetizers, mains, desserts) for 2 or 4 people, in a variety of formats such as “clean” (healthy), vegetarian, and meat lover. These classics of Italian cuisine will remind you of your nonna!
• Orders must be placed 24 hours in advance for pickup at the restaurant, Wednesdays to Sundays, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Free delivery available within a 5 km radius.
On Montréal’s North Shore, Piatti is THE place to go for cucina italiana! The restaurant has been serving unpretentious Italian classics since 2008, and its take-out menu is no different.
The whole family will enjoy the pasta, which includes a delicious lasagna bolognese (eggs, prosciutto cotto, fior di latte mozzarella and bechamel), braised meats like the house’s famous lamb shank, and a variety of appetizers that will make you think you have travelled to the heart of Italy. Please note that the restaurant is currently offering a 15% discount on its entire à la carte menu.
• Orders must be placed by phone, in advance, for pickup that evening at the restaurant.
Chef Jérôme Ferrer (Europea) started La Boîte du Chef several years ago and is now expanding his culinary concept by offering different formats.
La Boîte du Chef
There is the “ready-to-eat” section, where everything is already prepared and you only have to serve it; the “ready-to-cook” section, where the ingredients and recipes are provided, but you have to cook it yourself; and the “ready-to-encourage” section, which aims to support Quebec producers. You can order one of the predefined boxes, or create your own from among the various gourmet dishes available, including braised pork shank, duck leg confit, and other delicious stir fries, stews, and curries.
• Delivery every week; reservation required. Delivery time for à la carte orders is three business days.
Kimberly Lallouz (Monsieur Restaurant & Bar, Bird Bar) is the chef behind this event caterer of “Made with love” cuisine. After 10 years in business, the company is branching out to adapt to the current crisis by offering the “Comfort” menu, a private catering service for individuals with a list of dishes that changes every two weeks. In addition to classic soups, salads, sandwiches, and Bento boxes, Chef Lallouz and her team are serving up a variety of comfort foods, including risotto, tartare, pasta, braised meat, and fish, plus a number of vegetarian and even vegan options. The menu also features sweet and savoury sides as well as an assortment of decadent cakes.
Miss Prêt à Manger
• Orders must be placed before noon on Wednesdays and are ready for delivery or pickup on Fridays.
Try Lucille’s for a memorable surf and turf feast! Thanks to the restaurant’s new weekly home delivery service, you can order delicious lobster rolls, grilled octopus, salmon tartare, select cuts of meat, tasty salads, and fresh vegetables to create the ideal meal. An interactive meal and wine pairing format is also available, with everything you need for the ultimate lobster dinner.
• Orders must be placed before 9 p.m. the day before and are available for pickup every day, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., at the Montréal and Laval locations
Patrick Bermand’s well-known Mont-Tremblant restaurant has its own market where you can shop for the coming week’s meals. Offering everything from classic onion soup to homemade foie gras, salmon gravlax, and cuts of meat that vary from premium to organic to dry-aged, it is the ideal spot to purchase fresh, quality products. A range of ready-to-eat dishes is also available, along with the resto’s famous meal boxes, and you always have the option of adding a bottle of private imported wine to your order. In short, everything you need to enjoy the Bermand experience at home!
Le marché à Patrick
• Orders must be placed by phone or via the website for pickup at the restaurant Wednesdays to Sundays, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.